Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dailrag

Okay, first of all, this is not our swimming pool (I wish). Second of all I realized, the other day, how affected I am by color. We do have a swimming pool, built in the 60's. It's old but it 'works'. And we got a salt filter, which means we can swim in it with our eyes burning, hair falling out and skin peeling off. It never uses chlorine. That's the good news. The bad news is it requires a lot more pumping time. The pump has to stay on longer, in the summer months, when it's hot and rainy, in order for the salt to 'produce' chlorine. To make a really, long, boring story short, the pump has to work harder to keep the pool from getting green. It was green for weeks and truthfully it really got me depressed. It wasn't a pretty
forrest green, hunter green, lime green. It was an ugly, slimy, swampy green and every time I looked out at it I was sad. Now I know it sounds crazy but I kept imagining the pool to your left; a crystal clear, blue, blue pool. And I kept thinking, 'I feel so much better when the pool is blue'. And so I called a pool expert because try as I did I could not get the pool to turn blue. And the pool expert came and he dumped in all sorts of awful chemicals and today my pool is blue and I'm not.

No comments: