Friday, April 2, 2010

Staycation

So I've been on vacation, all week, and it's been an absolutely gorgeous week! High 70s low 80s, sunny and no humidity. I've been doing things like reading, running, sleeping and cooking. Monday night was Passover, at Mindy's house and she had the usual cast of characters: aunts, cousins, children, and new friends. My parents were invited and they had a good time. We read from a new Haggadah and it's always interesting bc I believe that no two Haggadahs are alike?! I also had an opportunity to go to the Sony Ericsson tennis tournament a couple of times. A friend invited me, during the day, and we spent about five hours and watched three different matches. We had 8th row, center seats. I could practically feel the sweat coming off of the players. It was spectacular. I've never seen tennis up close like that. And the speed and accuracy, with which the players hit the ball, impressive. I loved having a week off! It made me appreciate 'free time'. Learning how to relax isn't easy. But I think I finally got the hang of it. Too bad it's just in time for me to go back to work!

1 comment:

Sally said...

It sounds quite perfect! The older I get, the more I enjoy "Staycations".